Traditional Food Smiles
- Distribute squares of paper and crayons.
- Hold up pictures of local foods (or the food).
- Have children say what the food is and where it comes from.
- I.e. “This is a raspberry. It comes from a plant.”
- Have children draw a picture of the food.
- If they like the food, have them draw a smiley face by the food picture. If they dislike the food, have them draw a confused face by the food picture. If they have not tried it, they can draw a question mark.
From Government of the Northwest Territories, Northern Food Tradition and Health