This recipe is a traditional First Nations main staple with many adaptations from different regions and bands across the country. It can be made with fresh, smoked or canned fish of any variety.
- Chop or flake fish into small pieces. Mix in a bowl with onion and bread crumbs. If you want a very smooth texture, put mixture through a food processor.
- Form mixture into 12 patties.
- Fry them in oil for 5 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Help your child to wash her hands with soap and water before and after preparing food.
- Supervise your child when using knives or other kitchen utensils.
Recipe: Dietitians of Canada.