Be Allergy Safe
Although childcare facilities cannot be food allergen free, they can aim to be allergy safe. Managing a food allergy in a child care setting is a shared responsibility between staff, parents and children. Learn more about how to deal with food allergies in the HealthLinkBC Health File: Allergy Safe Child Care Facilities. You will find information about:
- What is an allergy safe child care facility?
- What is an allergic reaction?
- What are the symptoms of a severe allergic reaction?
- How is a severe allergic reaction treated?
- Steps for treating a severe allergic reaction
- What training should child care providers have?
- As a child care provider, what can be done to create an allergy safe facility?
- As a parent, how can I help make a child care facility allergy safe for my child?