Fill the basket with items that the children can play with and discover different shapes, textures, sounds and sizes. Below are some ideas for themed baskets:
- Kitchen – measuring spoons, wooden spoon, baking tray, lemon juicer, whisk etc.
- Round objects – baseball, orange, wooden ball, wool ball, rolled up socks etc (this can be altered to any shape)
- Colour basket – all items are the same colour
- Fruit basket – apples, lemons, limes, oranges, melons etc (a great idea would be to put locally grown fruits or vegetables in the basket, this is also a great opportunity to discuss the importance of locally grown produce)
- Texture basket – tin foil, paper, tissue paper, cardboard etc
- Sound basket – bells, drums, xylophones, rattles etc
Source – CBC.ca