This activity aims to develop the fundamental movement skills of balance, coordination, and locomotion (jumping, hopping).
- Everyone stands in a circle.
- One child is selected to pick a vegetable or fruit.
- The selected child says the vegetable or fruit and a movement, such as “Carrot Jump”, and then everyone performs that movement.
- The next person has to think of another vegetable or fruit and another movement, such as “Potato Run”.
- Continue until everyone has had a turn.
Source – Adapted from Live 5210 Multicultural Outdoor Activities