At the Seaside
This activity aims to develop the fundamental movement skills of locomotion and coordination (running, jumping, side shuffling, hopping, galloping), and balance.
Talk to the children about the ocean and what they might find. Link each thing the children say with a specific movement, for example:
- Star fish – stand with legs and arms out wide
- Shell – curl up small
- Crab – move sideways
- Sea horse – gallop around the space
- Shark – run
- Whale – move slowly
- Dolphin – run and jump
- Sun bather – lie flat on the ground
- Swimmer – swing arms round and round
- Surfer – Stand on a pretend surfboard
Adapted from Do and Discover.