2. INTRODUCE FUNDAMENTAL MOVEMENT SKILLS INTO ACTIVE PLAY EVERYDAY.
Caregivers play a key role in helping children develop fundamental movement skills (balancing, locomotion and coordination. Preschool age children need many opportunities to practice and gain confidence in basic movement patterns. Physical activity supports learning and social development.
British columbia Child care Licensing Regulation:
- Incorporate fundamental movement skill development (guided by the principles of physical literacy) and injury prevention into all active play activities. beach ball
- Children should have opportunities to practice fundamental movement skills as part of their indoor and outdoor daily routines. beach ball
- Offer at least two facilitated activities targeting fundamental movement skills every day.
- Incorporate at least one of the following throwing, catching, striking or kicking activities every day.
- Integrate other learning activities with physical activity and physical literacy.