- Wash vegetables.
- Pour half of the can of tomatoes into a blender, and add the jalapeno pepper, onion, cilantro leaves, lemon juice and salt. Blend until fairly smooth.
- Pour in the second half of the can of tomatoes and blend briefly.
- Adjust seasonings to taste by adding more lemon juice and salt.
- Add optional diced green pepper.
- Let the salsa rest for 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavours to blend.
- Serve with baked pita chips, baked tortilla chips, or on top of a baked potato.
Modifications: Fresh salsa can be made without using a blender. Finely chop tomatoes, onion, cilantro, and peppers and place in a bowl. Add lemon juice and salt and mix well with a spoon.
Recipe taken from allrecipes.com