Appetite to Play offers a variety of training resources for early years providers to enhance their knowledge, skills and confidence in creating childcare settings that support healthy eating, physical activity, food and physical literacy.
In-Person Workshop: Join us for an interactive 3-hour workshop to learn about healthy eating, food literacy, physical activity and physical literacy in the early years, and how important these patterns are for lifelong healthy behaviours. During this workshop planning tools, tips and ideas, recipes, games and activities will be shared and practiced. Participants will receive a booklet to help them get started and an overview of the Appetite to Play online resources. The workshop will count towards professional development credits for early childhood educators.
Online E-Learning Module - Healthy Eating: Appetite to Play offers a 1.5 hour Healthy Eating module where early years providers can build upon the skills and knowledge they learned from the in-person workshop at their own leisure. Learn more about how to create a positive food environment, how to engage and support families, and some more about cultural practices in various communities. The online module will count towards professional development credits for early childhood educators.
Online E-Learning Module - Physical Literacy: Appetite to Play offers a 1.5 hour Physical Literacy module where early years providers can build upon the skills and knowledge they learned from the in-person workshop at their own leisure. Learn more about the fundamental movement skills, being a positive role model, addressing inclusive practices, and creating a positive environment for physical activity. The online module will count towards professional development credits for early childhood educators.
The Appetite to Play initiative builds the capacity of early years providers to promote and encourage healthy eating and physical activity in the early years. We want to reach everyone in British Columbia, which is why we are now offering 10 virtual workshops this fall and winter so that you can take the training from the comfort of your own home!
Signing up is easy as 1-2-3:
- Choose a date that works for you from the list here:
- Monday, November 19, 2018: 6pm-8pm PST
- Saturday, November 24, 2018: 9am-11am PST
- Monday, November 26, 2018: 6pm-8pm PST
- Wednesday, December 12, 2018: 6pm-8pm PST
- Thursday, January 17, 2019: 6pm-8pm PST
- Saturday, January 26, 2019: 9am-11am PST
- Thursday, February 7, 2019: 6pm-8pm PST
- Thursday, February 21, 2019: 6pm-8pm PST
- Tuesday, March 5, 2019: 6pm-8pm PST
- Register for the virtual workshop using EventBrite ($10/person – just click on the link for the date you want)
- Follow the instructions in the email that is sent to you, and click the link on the day of your workshop to participate.
Whether you live in Burnaby or Burns Lake, we'd love to see you at a virtual workshop! The workshop will have a live instructor that will facilitate and who will answer your questions. You will also get 3 hours of professional development credits.
WHAT DO I NEED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE VIRTUAL WORKSHOP?
You will need:
- A computer
- A Internet Browser (Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, etc.)
- A working Internet connection
- Possibly a phone or cell phone
Need more information? Email email@example.com.
Coming Soon! Appetite to Play Community of Practice: The Appetite to Play team will be collaborating with the Early Years Professional Development portal to create a forum where early years providers can continue the conversation around healthy eating and physical activity in the early years. This will be a place where you can share ideas, inquire, and learn from peers about this important topic. Check back to get more information, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.