Appetite to Play offers a variety of training resources for early years providers to enhance their knowledge, skills and confidence in creating childcare settings that support healthy eating, physical activity, food and physical literacy.
In-Person Workshop: Join us for an interactive 3-hour workshop to learn about healthy eating, food literacy, physical activity and physical literacy in the early years, and how important these patterns are for lifelong healthy behaviours. During this workshop planning tools, tips and ideas, recipes, games and activities will be shared and practiced. Participants will receive a booklet to help them get started and an overview of the Appetite to Play online resources. The workshop will count towards professional development credits for early childhood educators.
Online E-Learning Module - Healthy Eating: Appetite to Play offers a 1.5 hour Healthy Eating module where early years providers can build upon the skills and knowledge they learned from the in-person workshop at their own leisure. Learn more about how to create a positive food environment, how to engage and support families, and some more about cultural practices in various communities. The online module will count towards professional development credits for early childhood educators.
Online E-Learning Module - Physical Literacy: Appetite to Play offers a 1.5 hour Physical Literacy module where early years providers can build upon the skills and knowledge they learned from the in-person workshop at their own leisure. Learn more about the fundamental movement skills, being a positive role model, addressing inclusive practices, and creating a positive environment for physical activity. The online module will count towards professional development credits for early childhood educators.
Virtual Workshops: NEW SERIES OF DATES!!
The Appetite to Play initiative builds the capacity of early years providers to promote and encourage healthy eating and physical activity in the early years. We want to reach everyone in British Columbia, which is why we are now a new workshop series so that you can take the training from the comfort of your own home!
Signing up is easy as 1-2-3:
- Click on a date below that works for you and it will take you to the registration page:
- Monday, April 15th from 10 am to 12 pm PST
- Monday, April 29th from 6 pm to 8 pm PST
- Tuesday, May 7th from 10 am to 12 pm PST
- Monday, May 27th from 6 pm to 8 pm PST
- Tuesday, June 4th from 10 am to 12 pm PST
- Thursday, June 20th from 6 pm to 8 pm PST
- Register for the virtual workshop using EventBrite ($25/person – just click on the link for the date you want)
- Follow the instructions in the email that is sent to you, and click the link on the day of your workshop to participate.
Whether you live in Burnaby or Burns Lake, we'd love to see you at a virtual workshop! The workshop will have a live instructor that will facilitate and who will answer your questions. You will also get 2 hours of professional development credits.
WHAT DO I NEED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE VIRTUAL WORKSHOP?
You will need:
- A computer
- Internet Browser (Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, etc.)
- A working Internet connection
- Possibly a phone or cell phone
Need more information? Email firstname.lastname@example.org. or call 604-877-6416.