Let's Make Balloon Drum
- juice can, cardboard box or empty round food container
- 2 large balloons
- 2 heavy rubber bands
- 2 unsharpened pencils with erasers
1. Open both ends of the container to make the drum body.
2. Cut the small end off the balloons - this is the drum skin.
3. Stretch the closed end of the balloon over the drum body.
4. Hold the balloon in place with the rubber band and smooth out any wrinkles.
5. Repeat the previous steps to make the opposite end of the drum.
6. Use the pencils as drum sticks.
7. Use the eraser end of the pencil on the drum (Note: Do not sharpen the pencils).
Adapted from HOP Healthy Opportunities for Preschoolers