This activity aims to develop the fundamental movement skills of locomotion (walking), balance, and coordination.
1. The “clean-up train” is made up of at least one adult and one toddler, with no more than four people in total.
2. Each person holds on to the shirt or waist of the person in front of them to hold the train together.
3. The front person acts like the engine while holding a small bucket or basket.
4. The train chugs along through a room (or outdoors) looking for toys to put away.
5. The front person stops and picks up the toys, and then places them in the bucket.
6. The whole train moves to put the toys away where they belong.
7. Let everyone have a turn being the “engine.”