Keep the Bucket Full
This activity aims to develop the fundamental movement skills of locomotion (running) and coordination.
- The adult has a large number of small balls in a bucket/container, and throws them all over the place as fast as possible.
- Encourage the children to run after them and have them place the balls back in the container before it is empty.
- Children can only bring back one ball at a time.
Make sure they have a clear and safe path the balls without any obstructions in the way.
Provide rules for the children to ensure safety when playing this game:
- Do not throw the ball and hit other children.
- When retrieving the balls remind children not to step on balls in case they might slip, or run into other children when trying to place the ball back in the container.
Source - MEGA