Volcanoes and craters
Muscular control; motor planning; spatial awareness; agility; fine motor skills
- Distribute pylons around the room, some flipped over.
- Designate half the kids as volcanoes and half as craters. Volcanoes want the pylons to be standing upright; craters want the pylons flipped over.
- On “go” all the kids run around flipping the pylons or standing them up
- Emphasize the pylons cannot be picked up and moved.
- After four minutes, count how many volcanoes there are, and how many craters there are.
Adapted by Healthy Beginnings 2-5