Yum Bite Bars
Most people struggle with granola bars because they crumble so often. These granola bars will stick like glue because of the peanut butter and honey but if they don’t cool long enough they won’t stick and they may crumble. These bars make a great snack! You could also have them for breakfast or dessert.
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a casserole dish with parchment paper.
- Pulse almonds in a food processor until finely chopped. Put into a large mixing bowl with oats, raisins and chocolate chips.
- Place peanut butter in microwaveable measuring cup and microwave for 30 seconds to soften. Add to dry ingredients with honey. Mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Place mixture into the lined casserole dish, pressing firmly and evenly to cover the bottom and into the corners. Bake for 35 minutes until golden brown on the bottom. Cool on a rack completely before cutting into 16 pieces. If you don’t allow them to cool, they may be too crumbly.
- Store in an airtight container for 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Source: Nora Crowley, age 9