Mixed Veggie Mac and Cheese
- Fill a large saucepot with water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook following directions on label.
- In medium pot, melt margarine or butter over medium heat.
- With a wire whisk, stir in flour, pepper, nutmeg and salt.
- Cook one minute, stirring constantly.
- Slowly whisk in milk.
- Cook over medium heat until sauce boils and thickens slightly, stirring constantly.
- Boil one minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove pot from heat. Stir in cheeses just until melted.
- Place frozen vegetables in strainer.
- Drain pasta over vegetables.
- Return pasta and vegetables into large pot.
- Stir cheese sauce into vegetables and pasta.
Recipe adapted from Collective Kitchen Cookbook
Note: Childcare facilities with 8+ children should check with their Licensing Officer about what is needed to serve food