1. OFFER A VARIETY OF FOODS FROM CANADA'S FOOD GUIDE FOR MEALS AND SNACKS.
Good nutrition supports the healthy growth and development of children.
BRITISH COLUMBIA CHILD CARE LICENSING REGULATION:
- Plan menus using Canada’s Food Guide. heart
- Promote healthy eating and nutritional habits. heart
- Food and drink given to a child is sufficient in quantity and quality to meet the developmental needs of the child. heart
Menu planning by both caregivers and parents should include:
- Foods from 3 to 4 food groups for each meal and at least 2 food groups for each snack.
- A fruit and/or vegetable at each meal and snack.
- A good source of protein at meals and snacks (such as meat, chicken, fish, egg, milk, yogurt, cheese, tofu, nuts, seeds, beans, lentils).
- Mostly fresh, whole foods rather than prepackaged foods.